Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day, 2009

What a beautiful day in the great northwest! It is days like today that remind us of why we put up with the gray skies for more than 1/2 the year. As I look out to the blue skies and watch the flags sway to the gentle breeze, I find myself drifting to this shawl I want to make. I wanted to make it as soon as I saw it, but then, it walked in last week. Yes, a fabulous knitter known to all as Allicatrix made the Aeolian Shawl. All I can do is think of this project, especially now since I've seen it knit up with my own eyes. Allicatrix embellished her shawl with beads, so yes, I must do the same. Now, what yarn to use? Maybe Fino by Alpaca with a Twist or Winter's Lace by Mountain Colors.

Hmmm, but Allicatrix used a sport weight. It will definitely go faster. Hmmm, Zauberball? I have two balls of Raspberry Mocha in my stash. Or, maybe Jojoland's Melody. Too many decisions!!

1 comment:

Therese said...

...or you could spin something to make it... ;-)