Thursday, July 3, 2008

2008 Tall Ship Festival

Al & I enjoyed a rare play day! We ventured down to Tacoma to the Tall Ship Festival. We've gone once before, so we've really been looking forward to enjoy the day at the Foss Waterfront. We saw many amazing ships, infamous pirates (including Captain Jack Sparrow) and a magic show. I love photography, so I really enjoyed the opportunity to explore! For those of you who haven't been to Tacoma's waterfront lately, you should. It is incredible how the waterfront has changed.

I thought the most spectacular ship was the CGS Eagle. This tall ship is part of the US Coast Guard and is the only sailing ship in service. I can only imagine how elegant this ship must look with her sails unfurled! The festival runs through Monday, July 7th. This is a fabulous event, fun for the whole family!

No comments: