Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mariner's Let One Get Away!

It's Sunday and the Mariner's just gave away a game to the Baltimore Orioles! Felix Hernandez just pitched 8 beautiful innings and had a 2 - 0 lead. It's the bottom of the 9th and our ace closer, JJ Putz, is on the DL list. But, we have a bullpen and I'm confident that Felix will get the win, someone will get the save and I'll do the 'happy dance'. Not so fast! They got one guy on 1st, one guy on 3rd, need one more out (oh, and the score is now 2 - 1). Here we go, the wind up and WILD PITCH! WHAT?? You've got to be kidding me!! Score is now tied, men on 2nd & 3rd. Great, extra innings (I hate extra innings; I mean, 9 innings is long enough - isn't it?). SCREEEEEECH! Base hit - MARINERS LOSE! So, I pack up my fiber, Victoria (Louet portable wheel) and head to Renaissance Yarns.

I surprise myself that my fiber isn't breaking and that I'm able to spin evenly. We all had to talk about the Mariner's and poor Felix. We look so good on paper, yet what happens when it comes to execution? We should be a playoff contender this year, but $#*!. I keep telling myself it's only April, they need to settle down. Fine guys - just don't take all season, will ya?

Here are some lighter highlights of the day as we find other topics to discuss:




No comments: