Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Errr, the Wacky Weather Continues

I cannot help but to wonder just exactly what season is it? I loved the teaser Mother Nature gave us last Saturday! I have family that live in Maple Valley and at 10 PM last night it was snowing! Meanwhile, the trees are in bloom AND the ducks are starting to travel with little ones waddling behind! Yes, it is true! Check it out:
Meanwhile, I'm knitting for Emma Rose. I started the Baby Surprise Jacket, an Elizabeth Zimmerman 'undesign'. After a few issues and restarts, I am finally on track. I chose Debbie Bliss Prima for this project. It's 80% bamboo/20% merino and knits like a dream. Albeit, a bit splity, so a little care is needed as your fingers glide along. I happened to be thinking about the Sequim Lavender Festival when I chose the colors. You might have heard me say 'just take a leap of faith'. Well, with this particular sweater, that's exactly what I've been doing so far. I still do not have a vision of how this sweater is going to come together. I consider it quite the brain teaser! I'm just about to the point where I 'knit even' for a few rows and then increase.
More later...

4 comments:

Nonnie said...

The baby surprise sweater is fun to see come together but it takes faith. I've knit 2 for grandchildren in cream Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and used Beatrix Potter buttons. They're so cute. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

It really does work............beautiful too. then try to explain it and it can't be done..have fun and faith.

Kitten_lion said...

I was thinking about the lavender fields when I saw the picture then read the copy. I think It will be beautiful. Too bad all my friends are having boys.

Kitten_lion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.