Thursday, April 10, 2008

Curly Q Bush!

I don't know what kind of bush this is, but it caught my eye as I was in route from Renaissance Yarns to Kona Kai Coffee. There is a little park in downtown Kent called Kherson Park (2nd & Gowe) and I spotted this. It's the strangest looking bush I ever saw. This happened to be a day where I left the yarn at the shop. I grabbed the camera instead to see what I could unusual things I could find. It's amazing what one notices when they purposefully get in tune with the surroundings. Stay tuned for my next finding...

3 comments:

weebug said...

i love it when the unexpected is found!

lanternmoon said...

I think your mystery bush is Harry Lauder's Walking Stick (Corylus Avellana 'Contorta') named after an old vaudeville performer with a funny cane...it is a beautiful slow growing shrub, but can eventually get big, and is most beautiful when the leaves have dropped and it's wonderful gnarled branches can really stand out...

Anonymous said...

You are right. It is a contoria, I have one in my front yard. It is about 12 years old, 5 feet tall and really great tassels because it is a hazelnut.