Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Vintage Velvet FO!!

FO - Finished Object! What a feeling! If you haven't experienced the rush you get when you complete a project - I'm here to tell you: GET GOING! It's a great feeling and sense of accomplishment. One FO leads to another; I've had two this year and albeit they've both been scarves, they haven't been of the mindless nature. Well, maybe one was once I got past Cat's MCO (moebius cast on). I'm working on my 3rd which is the Empire Waist Sweater. Please, please God make these sleeves go a little faster (doing 2 at a time)!

So, the Vintage Velvet scarf is totally to die for! I finished knitting the scarf last Saturday and was eager to get the felting out of the way. I gathered up a couple of towels (for extra agitation), my zippered pillow case (to catch any fiber that might shed - don't want to clog the washer) and my Soak (rinse free woolwash). I let the scarf go through the entire wash and rinse cycle. Normally when we felt, we don't go through any spin cycles to avoid permanent creases in our project. With Touch Me, however, it's OK to spin. As I expected, the scarf looked HORRIBLE! But remember, LEAP OF FAITH!! I put the scarf in the dryer (alone) and let it dry until what I thought was damp dry (still took 3 days before it was totally dry). The scarf looked beautiful! The sheen was back, the scarf was soft and the cable definition was perfect! This is a must have scarf for your wardrobe.

No comments: