I worked up the 2nd mitten in the round and am happy with how the garter rounds lined up. My mitten is a solid color though. My thoughts on the multiple color mitten is jogs due to color change and pattern change might be noticeable. So, venture forward with your new found knowledge!! Here are my notes:
- Cast on 39 sts per pattern. Ensuring sts are not twisted, join into the round.
- Work 5 rounds of garter st (remember, you are knitting in the round so garter st is achieved by alternating rounds of knits & purls - in this case purl 1 round, knit 2nd round, purl 3rd round, knit 4th round, purl 5th round)
- round 6 - since we are on the RS of the mitten, replace the purls with knits (so, K1, *yo, k2tog, repeat from * to end)
- work 3 rounds of garter (Purl, Knit, Purl). On the last round, increase 1 st (now have 40 on the needle)
- change to smallest needles and *K2 tbl, P2, repeat from * around. Repeat this round 21 times (piece measures 4")
- change to largest needles and knit 4 rounds, at the same time, decrease 1 st every other round twice (38 sts on the needle)
Thumb Gusset - Coming Soon!