Thursday, May 24, 2007

World Wide Knit in Public Day - June 9th

Do you knit in public? If so, undoubtedly people stop and observe what you are doing. Perhaps your knitting has started a conversation with another passerby who was curious as to what you were doing. Quite possibly, you've inspired someone to become a 'Newbie'! Help us take 'knitting in public' to the next step as we join the rest of the world in celebrating the 3rd Annual World Wide Knit in Public Day (KIP Day). Enjoy a wonderful afternoon with fellow knitters at Kent Station. Bring your project and come out for a grand time! Friendly faces from Renaissance Yarns will be at Kent Station from noon - 4 PM on Saturday, June 9th.

Pack a lunch or enjoy one of Kent Station's dining options. Outdoor seating is available throughout Kent Station or feel free to bring your own chair. Sunscreen and camera are highly recommended.

Where do you knit? I knit everywhere. This includes in movie theaters during the previews, in the car (including when stopped at train tracks or long lights), Kent Station around the fireplace and most recently, Maggie's Restaurant (yes, I have a very patient and tolerant husband). I have also been known to knit as I walk to Starbucks on 4th & Meeker, the Seattle Boat Show and the Sportman's Show. I have never knit in church, but would not frown upon someone if I saw them doing it (I would actually be quite jealous of that person). My favorite place to knit in public is by the fireplace at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler in October with a hot chocolate laced with peppermint schnapps. I don't get to do that very often, so it is quite a treat when I do!

1 comment:

Kent said...

Oh my goodness!

So sad that I missed your post about knit in public and the event at Kent Station! Darn!

Perhaps next year :)?

Btw the hot chocolate in whistler sounds amazing (sounds good even in this crazy heat wave were having this week).

-Kent