Saturday, May 12, 2007

From the Heart

When RoxieAnn and I founded Renaissance Yarns, we wanted to build community. What I see happening is so much more than I think we ever imagined. It never ceases to amaze me how you help each other out. I see the projects trade hands as they go home to get blocked or felted. Someone knit the other sock for another who just needed a helping hand. What about the bags that go home and magically come back with beautiful linings?

But then there is the other thing that I see, that is almost so hard to put down in words. I see counselors, therapists and friends. You are there for each other when Mom is going through health issues. You bring a pot of food to your friend who just had surgery. You cry with each other. Some of you are so quiet, we wait with baited breath for you to come out of your shell. You inspire and encourage each other. You ask about people who we haven't seen for a while. Dare I say, we not only have community, but family?

I truly am amazed at the relationships that have been formed throughout the past year. I am honored to be a part of your life and cherish every minute! It is surreal to see how a common interest has brought us so close.

1 comment:

RoxieAnn said...

I wholeheartedly agree and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone that much better and adding to our evergrowing family!