Saturday, February 3, 2007

Duet Sock Yarn!!

Were you at the shop today? There was much excitement over the latest batch of Duet Sock Yarn! Angela delivered 16 different colorways and each one of them is quite beautiful. For those of you who haven't seen this yarn, Angela (the artist behind it all - www.aswellyarnshop.com) handpaints the yarn in beautiful colorways and then includes a matching solid (also handpainted) for the heel and toes. This yarn gives a whole new meaning to knitting socks! The yarn is eye candy and it makes you just want to keep knitting until you are done. Come in and check it out!! Check back often for this yarn as we have unique colorways planned for you throughout the year.

It's been a busy week for everyone. Several of you are working on socks (DPN method). Some have sizing issues, which has me baffled at the moment. Sharon has completed one sleeve! I am so excited for her. One sleeve down, one to go, then the front! We just might make Father's Day (2007)!!! The 2nd Fair Isle Sweater (a Louisa Harding design) kicked off today. There are 11 people currently knitting this sweater. I have never seen so many fair isle knitters at once - it is truly rewarding to watch how everyone's knitting skills continue to grow. Many of you are starting to challenge yourself with cables and colorwork. Is lace knitting next? Oh wait, we also started the Moebius Pet Bed (A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting) today; I think I'll include the MCO (Moebius Cast On) in the list of challenges. I think we all found that this method of casting on is relatively easy; that is, until we think about what we are doing. Then we lose it. My advice, anyone attempting one of Cat Bordhi's moebius projects - don't over analyze the cast on!!!

The swift and ball winder finally have a new home! I am so happy that this set up is out of the sitting room. I think it is so much more convenient for everyone. Thanks to Al Skorupa and Ann and Jim Stroup for helping RoxieAnn and I get the new table built and finished. This project was definitely a team effort!!

It's the night before Superbowl Sunday! Who's corner are you in? Will you be knitting? Crocheting? Or how about spinning? I will be putting the schedule for March & April together and probably working on the Dorothy Bag (entrelac bag done in Noro Kureyon). My household is behind the Colts all the way!!

No comments: